Executive Director Job Posting
Riseup Society Alberta Executive Director Position – Effective March 31st, 2021.
The Riseup Society Alberta (Riseup) is seeking an Executive Director effective March 31st, 2021. The Executive Director is responsible for the operational success of Riseup. The Executive Director will have leadership experience in leading a team, experience with strategic planning and approaches to operational planning and policy development experience to support day to day activities. The incumbent will have human resource experience including maintaining a healthy and safe work environment, recruitment experience and performance evaluation experience. Experience with financial planning and fund development is an asset including working with an allocated budget to ensure the sustainability of a not-for-profit. The candidate will have experience with establishing effective working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization. A background in counselling, or clinical work will be considered an asset for this role.
Contact Person for Questions and receipt of confidential Candidate information.
Riseup Society Alberta – Employment Opportunity
Position: Executive Director
Location: Leduc, Alberta
The Riseup Society Alberta (Riseup) Executive Director performs a leadership role in a non-profit agency and reports directly to the Riseup Board of Directors. This position is responsible and accountable for providing direction, team leadership and organization over the activities in Riseup in support of the vision, mission, and strategic plan. The incumbent will be expected to work independently while collaborating with the Board in a transparent and comprehensive way.
The Executive Director is a leader who is passionate about building a high-performance team dedicated to providing excellent support for individuals who are experiencing or have experienced intimate partner violence. This incumbent will have the goal of providing excellent service delivery, innovative program development and improvements in support of Riseup clients. A strong understanding of fundraising, expenditures and cost drivers are essential for this role.
The Executive Director acts as the public face of Riseup. Therefore, the incumbent must have excellent communication, networking, and public relations skills. Other key accountabilities are listed below:
- Develops and implements strategies to promote Riseup’s mission, vision, and strategic plan
- Engages with the Board in a productive, transparent, and comprehensive manner
- Develops a strategic and innovative approach to the operations and planning for Riseup
- Identifies the clients’ needs and potential overlaps in services in the City of Leduc area
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with clients, partners, and external agencies
- Builds and effective team by providing guidance coaching and support for staff and volunteers
- Maintains a positive, open, and safe work environment
- Recruits, hires, and retains competent and qualified staff
- Adheres and develops the organizations’ daily activities and long-term plans by following and establishing policies and legal guidelines
- Directs and implements fundraising efforts including arranging and supporting events, gathering information on possible grants and completing grant applications
- Monitors and evaluates all uses of Riseup funding to ensure ongoing and sustainable operations
- Acts as a public speaker and public relations representative to provide information about Riseup and issues of intimate partner violence and to strengthen the organizations profile.
Preferred Skills and Aptitudes
- Baccalaureate degree
- Experience with non-profit organizations
- Clinical experience is an asset
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the non-profit sector
- Strong written and oral communication skills and strong public speaking ability
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed
- Transparent, positive, and professional approach
Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
This is a part-time position at 20 hours per week with pay of $35/hour. The position is in Leduc, Alberta. Employment references will be requested if selected for interview. The successful candidate will be required to submit an updated vulnerable records check.
For more information and to submit your resume please contact: RiseupABHR@gmail.com
Riseup thanks all interested applicants, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.